Here is how to cook rice using an empty Touge no kamameshi's pot.
2. Dry the washed pot container. If you want to use it immediately, wipe the outside well.
3. sharpen 1 cup (approx. 150 g) of rice.
4. put the sharpened rice and 180 cc of water into the kettle container, cover, and soak for 5 to 30 minutes.
(For chahan, also add seasonings and kelp.)
5. Place 4 on a gas stove over low heat. (It will start to blow over in about 8 to 10 minutes.)
*Please note that the container may break.
6. If a spillage occurs, immediately move the lid back about 1 cm. Then reduce the heat further to a low flame (lowest heat possible).
7. After the spill has stopped, close the open lid to about 0.5 cm.
8. When the surface of the rice is no longer bubbling and there are no more puddles, close the lid completely and turn off the heat.
(The time from when the fire is lit at 5 to when the fire is turned off is about 15 minutes.)
9. After turning off the heat, steam for at least 15 minutes. Do not open the lid at this time.
10. Stir fluffy with a rice scoop or chopsticks and serve.
You can also enjoy the charred flavor that is hard to find in a rice cooker.
Please note that this recipe is a general method of cooking rice, and the amount of water, etc. will vary slightly if the rice is new or old.
Direct contact with the hot pot and lid on the stove may cause burns.
Please take sufficient care.
Touge no kamameshio kamameshi (product) should be consumed as is, not directly over heat.