rice cooked with wild vegetables and bamboo shoots
- meter (i.e. a gauge)one portion
- bamboo shoot50g
- Boiled wild vegetables20g
- Lyophyllum shimeji (species of edible mushroom)20g
- fried tofu20g
- thin soy sauceLarge 2.2/3
- sakefirst-year student of an elementary school
- mirinfirst-year student of an elementary school
- Hondashi (granulated)2g
- bud of Japanese pepper tree (Xanthoxylum piperitum)three flat objects (e.g. tickets, pieces of cloth, etc.)
way of making
clean rice without washing it
Thinly slice bamboo shoots (drained or boiled in water) and break up shimeji mushrooms.
Boil the fried tofu and cut into 1cm pieces.
Mix 180cc of water with soy sauce, sake, mirin, and dashi seasoning.
Cook (see How to Cook Rice)
scatter a tree with buds
Tips & Tricks
Using seasonal wild vegetables will expand your repertoire of seasonal takikomi-gohan (rice cooked with vegetables).