Shrimp and Mushroom Royale Style
- shelled shrimp (that have also had their heads removed)5 fish
- bamboo shoot20g
- Lyophyllum shimeji (species of edible mushroom)20g
- hen-of-the-woods (species of polypore mushroom, Grifola frondosa)20g
- eggone (object)
- Solid bouillon (granulated bouillon)one (object)
- salt and peppersmall quantity
- Consomme soup (canned)120cc
- potato starchsmall quantity
- edamame (green soybeans)5 grains
way of making
Boil 150 cc of water in a pot, dissolve the bouillon solids, season with salt and pepper, and cool.
Break an egg into a bowl, add the chilled soup, mix well and strain.
Pour the egg mixture into the steamer and place the steamer in a boiling pot with the lid on for 3 minutes over medium heat, then reduce the heat to low and steam for 15 minutes.
If firmness is weak, add more time to steam.
Thinly slice bamboo shoots (either drained or boiled in water), and break up shimeji mushrooms and maitake mushrooms.
Cut prawns into 2 cm pieces.
Put consomme soup in a pot, add ingredients and simmer until cooked through.
Thicken loosely with potato starch dissolved in water
Pour consomme soup over the steamed eggs and top with boiled edamame beans.
Tips & Tricks
Western-style chawanmushi with consommé soup.